Sunday 22 January 2012

Digging



I've started to dig the foundations of my new veg patch behind the studio.
I read in Monty Donn's 'The complete gardener', that digging can be completely satisfying. I tend to agree with him. It's hard work, but when you've finished you can rest and actually see the results of your efforts. I'm sure that it's a similar reason why I enjoy making pottery so much. In fact digging and pottery have so much in common. The rhythmical, repetitive proces; the close contact with the earth and the sense of achievement. Hopefully, in spring I'll be able to look out of the studio window and watch my dinner growing!



23:02 and I've just come in from 3 hours of glazing and kiln loading all ready to be lit in the morning! It's been a really full day of work and now that I'm finally sat down with a beer in hand I can really feel that sense of satisfaction that comes from hard work and a job finished

No comments:

Post a Comment